I've been tagged by Rebecca, a very funny new blog friend ("ninja-like swiftness"...still cracking up over that) for Seven Random Things. Frankly, I'm not that interesting and I'm running out of things, having not that long ago done 10 Random Things for Spartacus. But here goes:
1. I read books that I love over and over. Right now I'm reading The Habit of Being, Collected Letters of Flannery O'Connor. I've read it at least 5 times, and this time won't be the last. I've read Little Women more times than I can count, David Copperfield at least a dozen times, and return every 2 or 3 years to several of Muriel Spark's books. I'm the same way with some movies. I could watch Office Space or Rushmore or Miss Congeniality (yes!) a hundred times and I'd still laugh.
2. I haven't figured out how to underscore in Blogger. I've even tried drafting in Word, then pasting into edit HTML mode, and it doesn't work. I mention this because it bothers me that I can't underline book titles in my posts.
3. I am a compulsive handwasher, but I'm not a germaphobe. I'm not easily grossed out; I figure that there's not much that a shower/dishwasher/washing machine can't clean up. Still, I wash my hands about 40 times a day.
4. My house is very neat and clean; I'm compulsive about that, too. I've had to relax my standards a bit since returning to school. I'm beginning to understand (as the great Merrill Markoe once wrote) that cleaning can be an act inspired by the actual presence of dirt!
5. Lest #2-4 give you the idea that I'm an over-the-top OCD case, I will tell you that my car is a frickin' mess. Inside and outside. My husband gives me a hard time about it sometimes, and I tell him that if he wants me to have a clean car, he'll need to clean it himself (which he often does, so really, why should I?)
6. I really like Julia Roberts, but I hate so many of her movies. Paradoxical, no? Pretty Woman? Ick. Stepmom? So bad that I openly mock a character dying of cancer. My Best Friend's Wedding? Vomit. But I still really like her and I'm usually willing to give her movies a chance.
7. I like pink. Always have. I never really went through an anti-pink i'm-not-a-girly-girl stage.
That's my random 7! I've really tagged everyone I know now, so I'm going to have to branch out to people I don't know. Beckeye and Iheartfashion are hereby tagged.