Saturday, February 23, 2008

We opened a window, and Influenza*

2 hours or so after yesterday's cliffhanger post (will I go or will I not?), I found my 6yo curled up on the kitchen floor, over the heating vent...he was shivering uncontrollably and sensibly decided to get where it was warm. Yes, he has the flu. I moved him to the couch and covered him with a blanket, where he slept for the next 3 hours or so. He seemed to perk up a bit after he woke up, but he's sick again today (he's asleep on the couch again. This alone is an indicator of illness; he does not voluntarily close his eyes to sleep unless he's sick). So here I am. Poor little kid. Him, not me.

*credit for title to Cynthia Heimel. I was just about to look for the book, and I remembered that I'm blogging so I don't have to cite MLA or APA style.

11 comments:

Mathman6293 said...

I hope he feels better. I am sure you know the drill. We have had plenty of sickies here.

DCup said...

I'm so sorry that the decision to travel or not was made for you this way. Poor little guy.

Dr. MVM was quite prescient, wasn't he? Check the kid for monkey bites.

FranIAm said...

Oh my- poor little guy. May he get better soon!!

CDP said...

He is better now. He was quite miserable for the rest of Friday and Saturday, but he perked up considerably today. Thanks!

CDP said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
CDP said...

He is better now. He was quite miserable for the rest of Friday and Saturday, but he perked up considerably today. Thanks!

The Guv'ner said...

Poor kid. Flu is no fun at all. Let's hope you don't end up with it too although the time in bed would be nice, I get the feeling for a mom there wouldn't be as much "rest" as one might expect during such a time... :)

CDP said...

Guv'ner--that is exactly correct. It sucks being sick when you have kids!

Spartacus said...

CDP - There seems to be alot of the flu going on now. It's hit my house too a couple of weeks ago. I'm glad to hear your son is doing better. :-)

Winter said...

Poor guy..

CDP said...

Winter--he's better now (and thanks for visiting!)

All material on this blog copyright CDP 2007-2010 unless otherwise noted.