Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Every time I try to get OUT, they pull me back IN...


I've been tagged again, this time by Fran. This one goes like this:


* The rules of the game get posted at the beginning.


* Each player answers the questions about himself or herself.


* At the end of the post, the player then tags five people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know they’ve been tagged and asking them to read your blog.


1. Ten years ago I was:

in shock. Maybe more about that tomorrow (the thing happened 10 years ago on May 2.)


2. Five Things on Today's To Do List:

* Prepare for a conference call this afternoon

* Continue revising my research paper

* Housework

* Eat cake (our cafeteria at work serves birthday cake on the first of every month to celebrate all of that month's birthdays. It's good cake)

* Help my 3yo find whatever infinitesmally tiny toy that he's misplaced and must have immediately (this is on every day's list)


3. Things I'd do if I were a billionare

* Pay debts for family and friends

* Buy a beach house

* Donate large sums to charity


4. Three Bad Habits

* I'm ridiculously compulsive about housecleaning. I'm getting better about this.

* I tend to pick, especially my cuticles. My hands usually look like I spent the day picking cotton

* Huge sweet tooth


5. Five Places I've lived

* New Haven, Connecticut

* Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

* Rehoboth Beach, Delaware

* Devon, Pennsylvania

* Silver Spring, Maryland (where I currently live)


6. Five Jobs I've had in life:

* Serving ice cream in an ice cream shop

* Proofreader/typefitter at a graphics company

* Retail salesperson

* Manager at Nordstrom

* Technical recruiter for a bioscience company


I am tagging enc and Jess Wundrun, since I've never tagged them before.

12 comments:

FranIAm said...

You are so brave. I would have never mentioned my cuticles.

And mine look much worse than cotton picking cuticles!!

What is the shock about??? Oh dear.

CDP said...

Fran--you too? OMG, I should have guessed, we seem to be doppelgangers in so many ways. I get manicures every time I go to a wedding or other big family event; if I don't, my sisters, mother, and grandmother will give me no end of grief about my cuticles. I might post on the other. I think I will. Not sure yet. If I don't, I'll email you.

Dr. Zaius said...

Hey! Waddayaknow! I'm compulsive about housecleaning too! compulsive about not doing, that is. ;o)

CDP said...

Dr. Z---why, you....
Well, that's another thing that I'm sure that you have minions to take care of for you. One can't run a presidential campaign and keep a clean house.

dguzman said...

Wow, you and I have similar employment histories. Scary, huh?

Jess Wundrun said...

On my to-do list is to write a post about this meme...

Probably tomorrow.

Thanks!

enc said...

I love this. I am always interested in reading bloggers' responses to memes, because they allow me to see facets of them I might never see otherwise, in their regular blogging.

I will be pleased to do the meme for you.

Suze's Sass said...

I used to work in Devon, PA. First King of Prussia and now Devon? You're totally stalking me in the past aren't you?

susan said...

I liked the 'if I was a billionaire' one. The problem with billionaires is they don't invest in anything but money and look where that's gotten us.

I'd like to buy Tibet and give it back to the Tibetans. Or Iraq for the Iraqis.. oh right, that's costing us billions a month already. Never mind.

CDP said...

Jess--take your time!

enc--I like memes too. I'm always apologetic when I tag someone, since I know that some people hate them.

Suze--or were you stalking me?

Susan--yes, I'm afraid you'd need a few trillion to buy Iraq or Tibet.

Sauntering Soul said...

I also served ice cream in my past. Nothing like going home with sticky ice cream up to your elbows every night, huh?

CDP said...

SS--I know, and I did! I was a very skinny 15 year old and was lucky that all the free ice cream didn't catch up with me. Now, I'd pay for it.

All material on this blog copyright CDP 2007-2010 unless otherwise noted.