Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Literary Observations

For Fran:

A funny line from a book I'm reading (Muriel Spark's A Far Cry from Kensington):
(A character has just committed suicide. The police detectives are interviewing other characters, and the main character comments that the dead woman, a devout Catholic, had been suffering from emotional distress.)
""Catholic doesn't help with an unsound mind" said the policeman. He spoke with an Irish accent and probably knew what he was talking about."

(snort)

In other literary news, Dr. Monkey has apparently discovered my husband's secret identity as an author of popular novels.

9 comments:

FranIAm said...

Oh those are some true words my sister.

And I should know!!!

Thanks for the linkage and the love. Now if only my unsound mind would get sound!

CDP said...

I thought of you immediately!

Suze's Sass said...

So going to mass isn't going to help me at all with the voices?

Worker Mommy said...

Wow, do you think your hubs would autograph a copy of that book for me ? And I'm uh still waiting on a video of his moves at the wedding.

CDP said...

Suze--no, I'm afraid it doesn't (I've tried)

WM--I can hook you up with the autographed copy. Demand for footage of his dance floor performance is at an all-time high; I might need to sell that.

Wyldth1ng said...

Nothing to say, but hello.

Hello.

CDP said...

Hello!

Dr. Zaius said...

Catholicism may not be of much help to an unsound mind, but that is not really dig at the religion. Few things are.

CDP said...

True! It was the "spoke with an Irish accent and probably knew what he was talking about" that cracked me up. I was taught by Irish immigrant nuns, several of whom were of questionable sanity!

All material on this blog copyright CDP 2007-2010 unless otherwise noted.