Thursday, April 24, 2008

Leading Men

I've been tagged by BeckEye, formerly a sworn enemy of memes and all they stand for, and by Sauntering Soul, both for the same meme. 15 sexiest actors. I have no idea. Actually, rather than choose the actors themselves, I think I'll focus on favorite performances by actors. In no particular order:


1. Harrison Ford in Witness

2. Matt Damon in the Bourne movies (I love the Bourne movies)

3. George Clooney in the Ocean's movies (although I haven't seen 13) and in Michael Clayton

4. Leonardo DiCaprio in The Departed (also loved Alec Baldwin and Mark Wahlberg in this)

5. Mark Wahlberg in Invincible

6. Bill Murray in Lost in Translation

7. Jimmy Stewart AND Cary Grant in The Philadelphia Story. How did Tracy Lord choose between them?


8. Al Pacino in The Godfather


9. Sylvester Stallone in Rocky. Go ahead and laugh, but I seriously love that movie.

10. Gregory Peck in To Kill a Mockingbird


11. Hmmm. Now I'm running on fumes. OK, both Greg Kinnear and Pierce Brosnan in The Matador.


12. Cuba Gooding Jr. in Jerry McGuire. OK, I also liked Tom Cruise in that


13. Dustin Hoffman in The Graduate and in Kramer vs. Kramer


14. Colin Firth in the Bridget Jones movies or anything else.



15. Eric Bana in Munich


I' m sure there are others I've omitted. And not all of these can really be called "sexy" (for example, Pierce Brosnan was not even remotely sexy in The Matador, and while I adore Bill Murray, I have to concede that he's not the most handsome of men.) Some of these actors (Clooney, Stewart, Grant, Firth) I can watch in anything; while others (Ford, Gooding, Brosnan) have more limited appeal for me.


As for Mr. Stallone, there but for the grace of Rocky (and not Rocky II, III or IV) goes he.


This one's been going around, so I won't tag anyone. Leave a comment for me if you decide to do your own list.

21 comments:

enc said...

You have good taste.

Suze's Sass said...

I love, love, love Colin Firth.

DCup said...

Mmmm. Yummy choices. Not to objectify men or anything.

CDP said...

enc--thank you!

Suze--I know, I will sit and watch the Bridget Jones movies any time they're on, just to see him

Dcup--no, certainly not. Mere appreciation of talent, that's all this is.

BeckEye said...

When it comes to sexy men, you should always, ALWAYS post pictures. Preferably shirtless ones.

But other than that minor gripe, good job on the meme. :)

CDP said...

BeckEye--I can sometimes manage to post one picture in a post, but 15 is beyond the realm of possibility. Use your imagination!

Sauntering Soul said...

Thanks for playing along! Great choices....there were a few of yours I considered strongly for my own list.

CDP said...

I hadn't even heard of a few of yours!

BeckEye said...

Well, I didn't really need a shirtless pic of Bill Murray anyway. :)

CDP said...

:)

WendyB said...

I've never gotten the Firth appeal. He's seems more nice than sexy to me.

CDP said...

I like nice, so I guess that's why I like him.

Worker Mommy said...

Ok, I've stopped laughing long enough to say that I loves me some Mark Wahlberg...in just about anything ;)

CDP said...

There's nothing wrong with him, now is there?

dguzman said...

Harrison Ford used to be my beard (a guy you pretend to like so people don't call you a dyke!)

CDP said...

I know what a beard is, silly girl! You crack me up!

Dr. Zaius said...

What about Godzilla? He's pretty hunky.

Wyldth1ng said...

I have a hard time relating to this post.

CDP said...

Dr. Z--OK, I guess he is, he's just not among my top 15. You should do your own version, with top 15 simian movie stars.

Wyld--And you could do one with your top 15 movie actresses.

Whiskeymarie said...

I never even thought Matt Damon was remotely attractive until the Bourne movies.
Now?
Me-ow.

And I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought Mr. Murray was strangely sexy and whatnot in "Lost in Translation".

CDP said...

WM--Me too on Matt Damon...no appeal whatsoever until I saw The Bourne Identity! And Bill Murray is just adorable.

All material on this blog copyright CDP 2007-2010 unless otherwise noted.