Friday, August 8, 2008

Comment of the Week--PREMIERE!

I'm introducing a brand-new feature!

It will appear on Fridays (except possibly next Friday, since I'm on vacation and don't expect to post much) and will celebrate the awesomeness of my favorite comment of the week. Maybe a funny comment, maybe a particularly insightful comment, maybe just a nice comment...it will be hard to choose, since all of you usually manage to do all three at once.

And without further ado, this week's COMMENT OF THE WEEK:

In response to this part of yesterday's post:

-My three-year-old's passionate and growing obsession with Legos. He insists now on taking them to bed with him, so even when he's asleep, he's never seen without a tiny Lego person or structure clutched in his hand...

The winner wrote:

"I take legos to bed every night trying to build my dream woman: one who can't talk back."

Congratulations to Pistols at Dawn, Commenter of the Week! Nice work, buddy, way to put the Pig back in Pygmalion!

18 comments:

BeckEye said...

So, can a comment on the Comment of the Week win a future Comment of the Week?

CDP said...

It totally can!

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

Oh great, this is just what I need, more pressure to be witty and urbane.

Sauntering Soul said...

Something tells me Pistols might win this thing every week.

liss n kids said...

I would steal this idea for my blog, but you know. I'd have to choose either you or...uh, you?

CDP said...

Dr. M--my only worry with you is that you might just win so often that I'd need to place you on restrictions

SS--No, all of my commenters are witty and/or brilliant, so this thing is WIDE OPEN, baby.

Liss--you should totally do it! And I've seen plenty of other commenters at your place.

Falwless said...

Fuck. I didn't know we could win something! Jesus. I woulda tried!

Watch out, everyone. I'm so winning this. Every week from now until eternity.

CDP said...

Falwless--it was a spur of the moment idea, but now you're prepared for total domination.

Whiskeymarie said...

For his prize, we should all pitch in and get him a nice truckstop hooker.

CDP said...

WM--awesome idea! A dollar from everyone should cover it.

enc said...

That comment by pistols was definitely a corker. He comes up with cracking material every time. How does he do it?

DCup said...

Did Whiskey just win for next week?

MichaƩle said...

Note to self: Tequila BEFORE blogging...that oughta up my chances a bit.

CDP said...

Dcup--She is definitely a contender!

Michaele--I know; I think I could win one of BeckEye's caption contests if I just drank more and more often

ENC--re the secret of Pistols' success, see Michaele's comment.

Distributorcap said...

are there any comments?

as for lego, i also like the fact it doesnt talk back

FranIAm said...

Damn- what a great idea. This uninspired response will win nothing, but I am saying it anyway!

pistols at dawn said...

I am honored when others honor me, because I am in no kind of shape to be patting my own damn back all the time. Thanks for chipping in!

WendyB said...

Before I read "Pistols at Dawn," I thought, "That can only be from Pistols at Dawn."

All material on this blog copyright CDP 2007-2010 unless otherwise noted.