As threatened, I'm responding to tags. In reverse order. Sorry, Dguzman, but Mathman's tag is easier. I'll get to yours next week.
I am required to share 6 non-important things/habits/quirks about myself.
1. Link to the person that tagged you. Done
2. Post the rules on your blog. Done
3. Share six non-important things/habits/quirks about yourself. Scroll down...
4. Tag six random people at the end of your post by linking to their blogs. I tag anyone who wants to play.
5. Let each random person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their website. Hey! Everyone! You're tagged!
6. Let your taggees know you've posted your entry.
So here they are, Mathman! Six random and entirely unimportant things about me:
1. I'm weirdly compulsive about making sure that things are turned off when I leave the house. I return home five minutes after I leave more often than I care to admit to make sure that the iron, stove, etc. are off.
2. I scoff at the words "dry clean only". Scoff, I tell you! I wash everything except my long wool coat.
3. Even before this year, election night has always been like the Superbowl for me. I sit up and watch the returns until all hours of the night. Sometimes I make popcorn.
4. Like Mathman, I own a car that is a reverse status symbol. It fulfills the very few requirements that I have for a car in that it consistently starts when I turn the ignition and stops when I hit the brake.
5. When I tell people I'm from Philadelphia, they're nearly always surprised to the point of disbelief. (I bet this also happens to Suze). Apparently, my hometown has something of a reputation, and the fact that I don't routinely kick randomly chosen people's asses and that I very seldom use the word "youse" leads people to believe that I must have come from the suburbs. I assure them, and you, that I did not. In fact, my mother still lives in the rowhouse in which I grew up. (She, if provoked, WILL kick your ass).
6. I'm a pretty good swimmer, yet I have no memory of actually having learned to swim; nor do I have any memory of not being able to swim. I can neither roller skate nor ice skate.
As if I wasn't already way too interesting, right? Let me know in the comments if you decide to do this.