Friday, November 7, 2008

Trust Me, This is Information You Will Never Use.

As threatened, I'm responding to tags. In reverse order. Sorry, Dguzman, but Mathman's tag is easier. I'll get to yours next week.


I am required to share 6 non-important things/habits/quirks about myself.

Additional Rules:

1. Link to the person that tagged you. Done

2. Post the rules on your blog. Done

3. Share six non-important things/habits/quirks about yourself. Scroll down...

4. Tag six random people at the end of your post by linking to their blogs. I tag anyone who wants to play.

5. Let each random person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their website. Hey! Everyone! You're tagged!

6. Let your taggees know you've posted your entry.

So here they are, Mathman! Six random and entirely unimportant things about me:

1. I'm weirdly compulsive about making sure that things are turned off when I leave the house. I return home five minutes after I leave more often than I care to admit to make sure that the iron, stove, etc. are off.

2. I scoff at the words "dry clean only". Scoff, I tell you! I wash everything except my long wool coat.

3. Even before this year, election night has always been like the Superbowl for me. I sit up and watch the returns until all hours of the night. Sometimes I make popcorn.

4. Like Mathman, I own a car that is a reverse status symbol. It fulfills the very few requirements that I have for a car in that it consistently starts when I turn the ignition and stops when I hit the brake.

5. When I tell people I'm from Philadelphia, they're nearly always surprised to the point of disbelief. (I bet this also happens to Suze). Apparently, my hometown has something of a reputation, and the fact that I don't routinely kick randomly chosen people's asses and that I very seldom use the word "youse" leads people to believe that I must have come from the suburbs. I assure them, and you, that I did not. In fact, my mother still lives in the rowhouse in which I grew up. (She, if provoked, WILL kick your ass).

6. I'm a pretty good swimmer, yet I have no memory of actually having learned to swim; nor do I have any memory of not being able to swim. I can neither roller skate nor ice skate.

As if I wasn't already way too interesting, right? Let me know in the comments if you decide to do this.

8 comments:

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

You are such a rebel. No wonder we all adore you.

pistols at dawn said...

Your car stops when you hit the brakes? One day, I aspire to such a vehicle.

BeckEye said...

You're from Philadelphia? I don't believe it!

Hey, is it always really sunny there? And, if so, why is it always so rainy in Pittsburgh?

CDP said...

Dr. M--I am a rebel, aren't I? And I like you too.

Pistols--I'm part of the elite, is why I have so many fancy things. We have us some indoor plumbing too.

Beckeye--Come over here, and I'll kick your ass just to prove it.

Mathman6293 said...

Thanks for chosing me first, sorry dguzman. That car thing is where it's at.

enc said...

You and I have some things in common! #1 and #2.

I'm thrilled!

susan said...

No, I'll never use the information but then my own wouldn't be too far off. I relate to #1 but usually just don't leave til I'm certain. As for #2 I don't dry clean either - in fact, I mostly buy things my husband can wash in his own manly fashion. When it comes to cars I'm totally behind your #4.

susan said...

I'm not from Philadelphia but does it count I have a friend there?

All material on this blog copyright CDP 2007-2010 unless otherwise noted.