Thursday, December 18, 2008

It's GOLD, I tell you! GOLD!

Somewhere, there are edgy and quirky new frontiers in comedy just waiting for an influential critic's appreciation. Someone, somewhere, is writing or imagining the next Flight of the Conchords or Kids in the Hall and five years from now, anyone with any aspiration toward pop culture coolness will be laughing their heads off at this new comic brilliance; perhaps wondering if everyone else REALLY gets the joke, or if they're also just laughing because they're supposed to. Yes, that's happening somewhere. But not here. Here, a seven year old boy, just out of the shower, ran through the house to find me and tell me "Hey! Mommy! Listen to this, it's HILARIOUS!!!"



Are you ready?




It's HILARIOUS!




"Jingle Bells! Batman Smells! Robin Laid an Egg!"

"HAHAHAHAHAHA! Isn't that funny!" Yes, it was, and the seven year old boy's four year old brother also thought so. He laughed until loud and involuntary gas emitted from his tiny bottom. You thought "Batman Smells" was funny? Try "Batman Smells" with a large order of flatulence.

So look elsewhere for the comic cutting edge. We are lovers of the classics. "Batman Smells" and farts, real or simulated, remain the gold standard in humor, and we see no reason to stray from the tried and the true. Because it's HILARIOUS!

12 comments:

FranIAm said...

You need to get this kid on the road. This is hilarious squared.

You'll be living off of his royalties before you know it!

enc said...

Did you burst his bubble by telling him that the joke/song is decades old, even older than we are?

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

Farts are classic, kid farts are priceless.

MichaƩle said...

Farts and boys....they go together, don't they? My little boy is 17 and STILL thinks pooters are hil-AIR-ious.

pistols at dawn said...

I hear boogers also bring down the house.

CDP said...

Fran--Today is my last day of work, so stage motherhood, here I come, baby.

enc--no, but when my now-21 year old sister was 11 or 12, I took a great deal of pleasure in telling her that songs she loved were covers of songs that had been released 20 or more years earlier. (And sometimes I made stuff up...like the time I told her that Bob Dylan had recorded "Chariot" long before Gavin DeGraw had been born. Ba ha ha!)

Dr. M--I know. Any flatulence at all is hilarious to them, but when it comes from one of them, it's a feast of funny.

Michaele--I know, I think that's what's known as "hard-wiring".

Pistols--Boogers occupy a SLIGHTLY less exalted place in the comedy hierarchy, but they're still a surefire laugh.

dguzman said...

Your kids really DO write your blog. It's cool!

DCup said...

You know, you can't improve on the original. I'm glad to see your family gets it.

susan said...

Old time Christmas traditions are hard to beat. I bet if you sing them 'Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer' they'll think you're a genius.

WendyB said...

That kid will kill on stage!

themom said...

It's amazing, once the kids master the art of fart...then comes the belch. I love when the little critters get such a kick out of the mundane.

BeckEye said...

Farting is always hilarious. Especially when it's accidental and/or used as punctuation.

All material on this blog copyright CDP 2007-2010 unless otherwise noted.