Monday, January 19, 2009

Six Things, Three Bloggers, One Post.

I'm either extraordinarily popular, or three bloggers were looking for a patsy and they found me. In either event, I've been tagged three times for the "Six Random Things" meme. I hope this doesn't mean that I now have to produce 18 things, because I'm not sure I have that many. So here are the rules: )

1. Link to the person who tagged you (there are three: Frieda of the Bees, Stephanie, and Themom.

2. Post the rules on your blog. (Here they are!)

3. Write six random things about yourself.

4. Tag six people at the end of your post and link to them. (OK, I won't be following ALL of the rules.)

5. Let each person know they’ve been tagged and leave a comment on their blog.

6. Let the tagger know when your entry is up. (Hey! Stephanie, Frieda, and Mom...here it is!)

Here they are, and as Frieda noted in her post, they're not even vaguely random:

1. I watch too much MSNBC. How much is too much? When a four-year-old boy climbs onto the couch next to you, and then stomps away in disgust muttering "THAT lady's NOT Rachel Maddow!" when he realizes that Rachel has a guest host, that might be too much. Rachel's as big as SpongeBob in our house.

2. I'm looking for a job, as regular readers probably know.

3. I don't really want one. Not right this minute, anyway. I like to work, but I like hanging around at home right now.

4. I applied for a part-time position this morning. I wrote a lovely cover letter extolling my own virtues, chief among them organization and attention to detail (I used the word "conscientious" and as always, I had to look it up. I'm an EXCELLENT speller, but "conscientious" always throws me, because I don't really think that second "i" belongs there), and then sent the email without the promised resume attached. I had to follow up with an immediate "oops, sorry about that" email with the resume attached. Who wouldn't want to hire me?

5. Ever since I read about the FDA's warning about salmonella in peanut butter, I've been craving peanut butter. I eat peanut butter in one way: on a spoon right from the jar.

6. I don't really collect things, but I do seem to have a lot of birds around. I have two framed prints of birds, and one of a duck. I have a little wooden sparrow on top of a cabinet, and another hand carved bird on a bookcase. I also have a little stainless steel lemon bird in my kitchen, but I never put lemon in my tea, only milk.

I'm not going to tag anyone, but let me know if you decide to do your own list!

16 comments:

Freida of the Bees said...

Ok, now, I had no idea that second i was in conscientious either.

Thanks for playing. You're fun to play with, I suspect, and that's why you were tagged so much.

You know, no boss wants someone smart who won't admit mistakes. I'm just speculating on that one. I'm no one's boss, but my kids', and I actually bet it's the other way around.

pistols at dawn said...

I have a lot of birds around my office at the Bates Motel because I'm a taxidermist in my free time. Oh, and creepy as hell.

Also, sometimes I feel like I'm in a movie that has way too many bird references, e.g., it starts in Phoenix, stars a character named Marion Crane, and contains lines like, "Oh, you eat like a bird."

pistols at dawn said...

Fact about me: I've watched too many Hitchcock movies.

themom said...

Great random things. LOL about your child's response re: Rachel Maddow - cool kid. My grandson thinks I don't know any channel other than CNN.

Whiskeymarie said...

I lived on the edge today and totally ate peanut butter. Such a daredevil, I am.

And, on a side note- I am horribly uncivilized and never thanked you for your awesome card/magnet combo that you sent. That magnet is Fabulous- I have it up at work. Thank you so very much, my dear.

enc said...

I'd hire you in an instant, but I'd require that you bring in your bird collection and display it on MY desk.

Lisa said...

I always have trouble with conscientious. In fact, I just cut and paste it here so I wouldn't have to try to spell it. Maybe the fact that you immediately caught your lack of an attached resume will wow them! Most people have to be told they forgot the attachment.

Too much MSNBC? Is there such a thing? says the woman with the little bottom of the screen logo burned into her retinas.

pidomon said...

i think its great the 4YO knows Rachel!
I too love PB on a spoon right out of the jar but I have not been that daring since the breaking news of peanut butter terrorism inflicted on out homeland :)

I salute your courage in the face of the enemy

SaoirseDaily2 said...

I don't think there is too much MSNBC. In fact while out for lunch I asked if they could change the channel to MSNBC. They did so at my request, but, I'm sure they changed it back to whatever after we left.

I love my birdy things that are speckled around my house too.

Have a great day tomorrow knowing we are witnessing history in the making.

Slainte!

3carnations said...

Doh! As careful as we are about things like a resume, isn't it always the way to do something as crazy as forget the attachment?

BeckEye said...

I think I'm an excellent speller too, but certain words always throw me. License used to be the one that I had the biggest problem with, but lately it's been inadvertently. I always want to use an a at the end instead of an e.

CDP said...

Frieda--on the boss thing, I'd love to believe that, but I'm afraid you're right and it's the other way around!

Pistols--You're quite mad, you know.

themom--I watch CNN when MSNBC has its prison documentaries on.

Whiskey--you're welcome! I thought of you the moment I saw it.

enc--for enough money, I might do it!

Lisa--I knew you'd understand the MSNBC thing!

Pidomon--so if I don't eat several large spoonfuls of PB today, the terrorists win, right?

Saiorse--thanks, you too! My grandmother always says "slainte" before she pounds a drink.

3carn--I know, I was so annoyed with myself, because I'd taken the time to proof the resume one more time before I wrote (very carefully) the cover email, and then doh!

Beck--I used to have trouble with "license" too; I always wanted it to have two "c"s.

Sauntering Soul said...

What the heck is it with the peanut butter? I bought a jar last week for the first time in about a year because I suddenly had a craving for it too. Of course it's been sitting on my kitchen counter ever since because I keep having second thoughts about actually eating it.

I don't have birds around my house, but about 80% of the dreams I remember involve birds. Weird, huh? I've looked up what it means to dream about birds and thankfully, all of my dreams have been positive ones. I've never dreamed about dead or dying birds and apparently that's when you should be worried because it means you have disappointments and worries ahead. Now I bet I'll dream about a dead bird tonight.

MichaƩle said...

I'm embarrased to say, in a disgusting show of unearned arrogance, that my last post was not "six things" but 100 things about myself and yes, I am conceited enough to have actually come up with 100.

Suze said...

Now I want tainted peanut butter. Thanks!

dguzman said...

Ah, yet another reason to love you so much--because you like birds!

All material on this blog copyright CDP 2007-2010 unless otherwise noted.