I'm either extraordinarily popular, or three bloggers were looking for a patsy and they found me. In either event, I've been tagged three times for the "Six Random Things" meme. I hope this doesn't mean that I now have to produce 18 things, because I'm not sure I have that many. So here are the rules: )
1. Link to the person who tagged you (there are three: Frieda of the Bees, Stephanie, and Themom.
2. Post the rules on your blog. (Here they are!)
3. Write six random things about yourself.
4. Tag six people at the end of your post and link to them. (OK, I won't be following ALL of the rules.)
5. Let each person know they’ve been tagged and leave a comment on their blog.
6. Let the tagger know when your entry is up. (Hey! Stephanie, Frieda, and Mom...here it is!)
Here they are, and as Frieda noted in her post, they're not even vaguely random:
1. I watch too much MSNBC. How much is too much? When a four-year-old boy climbs onto the couch next to you, and then stomps away in disgust muttering "THAT lady's NOT Rachel Maddow!" when he realizes that Rachel has a guest host, that might be too much. Rachel's as big as SpongeBob in our house.
2. I'm looking for a job, as regular readers probably know.
3. I don't really want one. Not right this minute, anyway. I like to work, but I like hanging around at home right now.
4. I applied for a part-time position this morning. I wrote a lovely cover letter extolling my own virtues, chief among them organization and attention to detail (I used the word "conscientious" and as always, I had to look it up. I'm an EXCELLENT speller, but "conscientious" always throws me, because I don't really think that second "i" belongs there), and then sent the email without the promised resume attached. I had to follow up with an immediate "oops, sorry about that" email with the resume attached. Who wouldn't want to hire me?
5. Ever since I read about the FDA's warning about salmonella in peanut butter, I've been craving peanut butter. I eat peanut butter in one way: on a spoon right from the jar.
6. I don't really collect things, but I do seem to have a lot of birds around. I have two framed prints of birds, and one of a duck. I have a little wooden sparrow on top of a cabinet, and another hand carved bird on a bookcase. I also have a little stainless steel lemon bird in my kitchen, but I never put lemon in my tea, only milk.
I'm not going to tag anyone, but let me know if you decide to do your own list!