Friday, April 17, 2009

I'll just write the thousand words




I'm a terrible photographer. You wouldn't think that skill would even be a variable in the age of digital photography, would you? My camera's a very easy camera to use, and my husband takes great pictures with it, but mine aren't so good. Since today was such a beautiful day, I went to take pictures for my Examiner page, and I was dismayed at the results. How did I get the rear bumper of somebody's car? Not even the whole bumper, either, just the driver's side. I don't remember even seeing that car. And what I expected to be a beautifully-framed shot of an antelbellum house turned out to really be of a tree in the antebellum house's front yard, with the house providing background. I'm blaming it on the brilliant sunshine, which made it very hard to see the camera's screen. Now I know that I need to take three or four shots. Meanwhile, I'm going to have to think of a story about chain link fences, because I have a stunning shot of the chain link fence at the Montgomery County Airpark, through which the actual planes are just barely visible.




(ps--the tree picture is one that I took yesterday, and I actually like it. I'm not going to post the bad pictures here. You can take my word on those. They're bad.)

5 comments:

Matty Boy said...

I haven't seen the bad pictures and I'll take your word about them, but this one is very nice. I like the narrow focus and the composition and everything. Kudos!

BeckEye said...

I didn't realize you wrote for Examiner! I guess it's not a scam!

CDP said...

Matty--thanks! It was a fluke, but I like it too.

BeckEye--no, not a scam, but not really a serious thing, either. Email me and I can tell you about it.

susan said...

It's impossible to take a bad picture of cherry blossoms against a blue sky :-) I have one of those too even though my skills with a camera are marginal at best. The little story is superb as usual.

Lisa said...

I think this picture is lovely. The nice thing about digital is that you can take a whole bunch of shots and look for the good ones. Trust me, the skills will come. It's trial and error.

All material on this blog copyright CDP 2007-2010 unless otherwise noted.