Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Getting ready to get ready

I'm fixing to commence preparing to get ready to work on my paper right now. How often do I say things like that? Fairly often, I'm quite sure. I have my day planned. I work on the paper til 12 or so, then I take my children to the credit union, where I need to attend to some business and where 8yo needs to deposit $10 that his grandmother gave him. 8yo received $85 for his birthday in June, and he wanted to open a bank account. We opened the account and deposited the money, and then he spent the next week having an anxiety attack. "What are they going to do with my money?" he'd ask.

"They'll keep it safe for you, and it will earn interest", I'd say.

"What's interest?" He pursed his lips and looked doubtful as I explained it, and then he asked "What if I want my money and they lost it? What if they take it?" I did my best to reassure him, but what can you say on this topic after September 2008? He spent another week or so fretting, and I'm sure that he bitterly regretted not investing his $85 in Legos, but then the arrival of his personalized deposit slips, bound and enclosed in a checkbook cover, restored his enthusiasm for the banking system. His grandmother was so impressed that he'd opened a savings account that she gave him $10 to deposit. I have a bank account, too, and no one throws ten dollar bills at me, but that's just one of the many injustices that I endure. Anyway, I need to purchase a savings bond (assuming these even exist anymore) and help 8yo make his deposit, so we'll actually be visiting a bank in person, something I do perhaps twice a year. Then, we'll have pizza for lunch at my favorite pizza place (one of two in the entire DC metro area that serves pizza worthy of the name, and this could be the topic of an entire post. An entire BLOG, in fact. I digress) which has a $3.95 two slices and a drink lunch special. Then I'll do a bunch of other stuff too dull to blog about. Yes, it is possible that my day will get even less interesting than what I have already described. Don't hate me because I'm awesome.

11 comments:

Sauntering Soul said...

My day looks to be equally as exciting. I'm getting ready to get ready to send in a pre-approval form to my boss' dentist so he can get a crown and then file a bunch of stuff in metal cabinets. This is why I probably won't be blogging today. I am going to the studio tonight to paint a really cool painting though. It's what will help me make it through the rest of my waste of a day.

elissa said...

I'm beginning to start my prefatory rituals to writing as well (which includes reading your blog!) and laughed because Jabber and I recently had the same discussion about opening a bank account, with much the same panic. Then I had him all convinced but got to the bank lacking his social security number. Now he's once again on the fence about the idea. :)

Suze said...

You are awesome. When I was 8 I probably rec'd some knitted blanket for my bed that weighed 200 lbs. from my grandmother. I also worried that I would be smothered in my sleep from it :) The worries of an 8 year old.

WendyB said...

That story about the bank is adorable.

BeckEye said...

I often feel like asking Chase bank the same thing - "What's interest?" I don't think they know.

Steve said...

sounds awesome not dull.
sorry i haven't been around for a bit but it seems like you and 8YO and 4YO and Dad are having a pretty good summer

Anonymous said...

Hello !.
You re, I guess , probably curious to know how one can reach 2000 per day of income .
There is no need to invest much at first. You may start to get income with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you thought of all the time
AimTrust represents an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

It is based in Panama with offices everywhere: In USA, Canada, Cyprus.
Do you want to become really rich in short time?
That`s your chance That`s what you wish in the long run!

I feel good, I started to get real money with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. It`s all about how to choose a proper companion who uses your money in a right way - that`s it!.
I take now up to 2G every day, and my first investment was 500 dollars only!
It`s easy to get involved , just click this link http://zofovopeb.lookseekpages.com/elonoga.html
and go! Let`s take our chance together to feel the smell of real money

Anonymous said...

Hi !.
You re, I guess , probably curious to know how one can make real money .
There is no initial capital needed You may begin to get income with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you haven`t ever dreamt of such a chance to become rich
The firm represents an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

It is based in Panama with structures around the world.
Do you want to become really rich in short time?
That`s your chance That`s what you wish in the long run!

I`m happy and lucky, I started to take up real money with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. If it gets down to choose a proper companion utilizes your savings in a right way - that`s it!.
I make 2G daily, and my first deposit was 1 grand only!
It`s easy to get involved , just click this link http://lemyrirowu.uvoweb.net/xydubob.html
and lucky you`re! Let`s take our chance together to get rid of nastiness of the life

Anonymous said...

Hi!
You may probably be very curious to know how one can make real money on investments.
There is no initial capital needed.
You may begin to get income with a sum that usually is spent
on daily food, that's 20-100 dollars.
I have been participating in one project for several years,
and I'll be glad to let you know my secrets at my blog.

Please visit blog and send me private message to get the info.

P.S. I earn 1000-2000 per daily now.

http://theblogmoney.com

Anonymous said...

Good day, sun shines!
There have been times of troubles when I felt unhappy missing knowledge about opportunities of getting high yields on investments. I was a dump and downright stupid person.
I have never imagined that there weren't any need in big starting capital.
Nowadays, I'm happy and lucky , I begin take up real money.
It's all about how to select a proper partner who uses your money in a right way - that is incorporate it in real business, parts and divides the income with me.

You can ask, if there are such firms? I have to tell the truth, YES, there are. Please get to know about one of them:
http://theblogmoney.com

Anonymous said...

Good day, sun shines!
There have been times of troubles when I felt unhappy missing knowledge about opportunities of getting high yields on investments. I was a dump and downright pessimistic person.
I have never thought that there weren't any need in big starting capital.
Now, I'm happy and lucky , I begin take up real income.
It's all about how to select a correct companion who utilizes your money in a right way - that is incorporate it in real business, and shares the income with me.

You may get interested, if there are such firms? I'm obliged to tell the truth, YES, there are. Please be informed of one of them:
http://theinvestblog.com [url=http://theinvestblog.com]Online Investment Blog[/url]

All material on this blog copyright CDP 2007-2010 unless otherwise noted.