Monday, August 24, 2009

Housekeeping

Please come in, and do make yourselves at home.  I apologize for the mess.  As you see, I've been trying to make some changes, and I wonder now if it isn't easier to just throw the whole thing away and start over.  I have a strange white space, and while I've managed to restore my sidebar, I can't seem to move any of my page elements into it.  I'll keep working on it, although I can't really see what good this will do.  If my car broke down, I could work on it, too, but the only result would be that my disposition would be shot all to hell for the day, and my car would still be broken down.  In other words, the spirit is willing but the skills are weak. 

I'm trying to resolve an issue right now, with a for-now unnamed company.  I have dealt with this company in a dignified and forthright manner, and in good faith, and my efforts thus far have been futile.  My next step might be to launch a blog campaign against them.  I hate to do this, but I have been pushed to the wall and might have to push back.  If the issue is not resolved to my satisfaction by the end of this week, I'll be sticking it to the man in HTML or whatever it is you kids are calling it.   A hollow threat, perhaps, from someone who apparently can't even drop and drag, but unless I can get my Nana to write a letter, I see no other alternative.  And now, good day to you, sirs and madams.

7 comments:

Suze said...

I love what you've done with the place. I don't mean to sound rude, but when I give a housewarming party there is always food involved. Will you be mailing mine soon?

Steve said...

and a good day to you too.
i long ago gave up on anything other than what blogger would give me as far as how my glob looked!

elissa said...

haha I tried to change mine a while ago and it got all effed and then I panicked until it looked the same old same old again. I would like my blog to look stunning and beautiful, but I will have to settle for actually visible. I like the photo in your header, though...

Sauntering Soul said...

I think we all know you should not ask me for any help with anything tech-y. I've had the same template for a long time for a reason. I've been considering a change but I'm scared I'll break the internet.

Matty Boy said...

Blogging against the injustices of the world can be very satisfying, but should be done in moderation.

Not that I have shown actual moderation on my blog, but I'm wonderful at giving advice, not taking it.

That's why I'm a blogger, apparently.

CDP said...

Suze--sure, it's on its way, and I'm guessing my housewarming present is also en route?

Steve--I know, me too. I know my limits.

elissa--thanks! I took it.

SS--but yours is fabulous. I wouldn't touch mine if it looked like yours


Matty--I agree, and it's a moot point now, as unnamed company has caved to my demands.

dguzman said...

I SAID GOOD DAY!

All material on this blog copyright CDP 2007-2010 unless otherwise noted.