Saturday, August 8, 2009

Mobile blogging for the stone age.

The technology, she is amazing, no? I’m driving home from Philadelphia now (correction: I am being driven home from Philadelphia), and while I do not have access to a wireless network, I do have access to Microsoft Word. My paper is nearly finished now. I just did some rewriting and editing, and now all I need to do is write a decent closing paragraph, make sure my citations are all in order, then proofread and submit the thing. We’re in my husband’s car, which has a much smoother ride than mine. I couldn’t possibly read or write in the passenger’s seat of my car without developing a nasty case of motion sickness, but in this car, this does not seem to be a problem. So I’m taking a break from the paper (after what, thirty minutes? I may possibly have discovered exactly why it takes me so damn long to write these things: breaks every thirty minutes do not enhance productivity) to write my post for the day.

And there it is, my post for today. We should be home in less than an hour. One child is asleep already and likely to remain so until tomorrow morning. The other one is fading fast. If I maintain my energy level, it might be possible for me to finish this thing tonight. If not, at least I have tomorrow.

Update; we had to abandon 95 South a bit north of Baltimore due to an accident. “Less than an hour” turned out to be a laughably optimistic estimate of our arrival time. But arrive we eventually did.

2 comments:

victor said...

I was playing games online however for reading this post more interesting thanks for the share please do keep it going great job....Loveing this.

Cheers,
___________________
victor
We do your Marketing for best sales

victor said...

I was playing games online however for reading this post more interesting thanks for the share please do keep it going great job....Loveing this.

Cheers,
___________________
victor
We do your Marketing for best sales

All material on this blog copyright CDP 2007-2010 unless otherwise noted.