Friday, August 14, 2009

Oh, and underwear! And socks! And pajamas!

I just put away my textbook, since I won't need it ever ever again. Summer session 2009 is officially over. Aside from a brief panic followed by 15 or so minutes of retracing my steps to find the car keys that I left hanging inside a ladies' room stall (why didn't I just put them IN MY BAG which was ALSO HANGING ON THE SAME HOOK? Because I wouldn't be me if I didn't find ever more ridiculous ways to lose my keys. This isn't even the first time I've blogged about losing keys), I left feeling pretty good; more so about the fact that it's over than about the test itself.



We're going on vacation tomorrow, and I'm overpacking. I always overpack for the beach. You just never know, do you? We never go anywhere dressy, for example, but you also never know when you might feel like dressing up, so I bring a dress. It's often chilly at night there, even in August, so you need jeans and long-sleeved shirts. You need sandals and flip-flops and shoes. You need shorts and tshirts and bathing suits, and jeans and pants and tops. And I need to go to sleep, since I seem to have forgotten exactly where I was going with this, not that the laundry list wasn't engrossing all on its own. I might not post next week; if I do, it won't be every day.

7 comments:

Matty Boy said...

Have a great time. Even if you don't blog every day, you should get some good post topics for later.

Saoirse in Spokane said...

Enjoy the ocean. You deserve some down time. See you when you return.

Utah Savage said...

You pack exactly like I would if I still went anywhere.

dguzman said...

Have fun!

enc said...

Have fun. I'll miss you!

Lisa said...

Since I'm late here, may I offer the hope that you're having a great time and that you've needed every thing you packed.

Steve said...

hope you and the fam are having a great time

All material on this blog copyright CDP 2007-2010 unless otherwise noted.