Wednesday, September 30, 2009

and I can find my way home all by myself...

I'm back among my nerds.

Kathy Griffin always calls gay people "my gays".  I think of scientists and engineers as "my nerds".  I'm not working for a biotech company anymore, and I can't really specifically discuss the company or the industry where I'm now employed.  But I decided today to see if I could remember where the supply room was (I found it.  Yay me!) and overheard a conversation among a group of engineers that involved Star Wars and Ray Bradbury and time travel, and open source code, and I knew that I was back among my nerds.

As for the rest of the job, it's OK so far.  Not great, because I really hate not knowing what I'm doing.  My manager and coworker, who are both very nice, don't really have time to train me, so I'm just left to figure things out, asking whatever questions occur to me whenever someone has a moment.  Soon enough, I'll be able to work independently and actually feel like I've contributed something, but that might take a few more days.  Meanwhile, I'm close to being able to find my way there and back without the aid of printed directions or GPS.

4yo is due for a promotion.  Tomorrow, he attains the rank of 5yo.  He's very eager to turn 5, as he is the last 4-year-old among his friends.  In fact, he's just popped out of bed for the fifth or so time since 9:30 (this time, to ask me if he can have "a healthy snack").  I hope that he'll go to sleep soon, since I need to wrap his presents, so that I can go to sleep.  This working thing?  Exhausting.

18 comments:

PENolan said...

Happy Birthday to your whole little family

3carnations said...

Happy birthday to him!

My son calls me into his room about two thousand times before falling asleep on a night that he's excited about something, too. :-)

We have a strict "no snacks after you've brushed your teeth" (healthy or otherwise) rule. It eliminates post bedtime snack procrastination...a little.

Matty Boy said...

Happy b-day to the 5yo. As for the learning curve at work, you'll be in the swing sooner than you realize.

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

Happy b-day to the newly minted 5yr old. Being 5 rocks. As I am sure you remember.

BeckEye said...

Happy birthday to Mr. 4-Going-On-5!

And don't worry, you'll be Queen of the Nerds soon enough.

Sauntering Soul said...

I get to listen to the attorney across the hall talk about his pooping habits and fantasy football all day every day. I'm not sure which one of us is luckier.

Happy birthday to your little man!

Anonymous said...

Hey woman! Glad you are among your nerds again. It is exhausting when you start up again.

This is me Fran, but I am at work and had to finally get on your blog and see what was up.

Now back to work. My boss (well the BIG one) has the power of life and death you! That is why I am a church nerd!

Congrats happiness and good 5yo wishes!

enc said...

Yeah, but you LIKE it.

I'm happy for you.

Happy Birthday to almost 5!

Liberality said...

Happy birthday to your little son there. He shares his birthday with President Jimmy Carter too.

Good luck with your working nerds there. I am surrounded by books all day so I couldn't be happier when it comes to working environments.

CDP said...

PE--thanks!

3carn--we have the same rule, but he'd just run out of other excuses to pop out of bed

Matty--thanks! And it's getting better already.

Dr. M--it does, doesn't it?

Beck--"will be" queen of the nerds "soon"?

SS--thanks! I'll tell my kids about your attorney, they'll think it's HILARIOUS.

Fran! I'm going to be seeking your spiritual advice very soon.

enc--thanks!

Liberality--How did I not know that?

Kraxpelax said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

鋁合金壓鑄 , 鋁合金壓鑄 , 鋁合金壓鑄 , 鋁合金壓鑄 , 鋁合金壓鑄 , 無水冰 , 無水冰 , 無水冰 , 無水冰 , 無水冰 , 無水冰 , 無水冰 , 無水冰 , 無水冰 , 無水冰 , 無水冰 , 無水冰 , 無水冰 , 藍冰 , 藍冰 , 藍冰 , 藍冰 , 藍冰 , 藍冰 , 藍冰 , 藍冰 , 藍冰 , 藍冰 , 藍冰 , 藍冰 , 藍冰 , 冰寶 , 冰寶 , 冰寶 , 冰寶 , 冰寶 , 冰寶 , 冰寶 , 冰寶 , 冰寶 , 冰寶 , 冰寶 , 冰寶 , 冰寶 , 保冷包 , 保冷包 , 保冷包 , 保冷包 , 保冷包 , 保冷包 , 保冷包 , 保冷包 , 保冷包

Anonymous said...

保冷包 , 保冷包 , 保冷包 , 保冷包 , 吸水墊 , 吸水墊 , 吸水墊 , 吸水墊 , 吸水墊 , 吸水墊 , 吸水墊 , 吸水墊 , 吸水墊 , 吸水墊 , 吸水墊 , 吸水墊 , 吸水墊 , 保溫袋 , 保溫袋 , 保溫袋 , 保溫袋 , 保溫袋 , 保溫袋 , 保溫袋 , 保溫袋 , 保溫袋 , 保溫袋 , 保溫袋 , 保溫袋 , 保溫袋 , 室內設計 , 舊屋翻新 , 室內設計 , 舊屋翻新 ,室內設計 , 舊屋翻新 , 民宿 , 民宿 , 民宿 , 民宿 , 民宿 , 民宿 , 民宿 , 民宿 , 民宿 , 民宿 , 民宿 , 民宿 , 民宿 , 花蓮民宿 , 花蓮民宿 , 花蓮民宿 , 花蓮民宿 , 花蓮民宿 , 花蓮民宿 , 花蓮民宿

Anonymous said...

花蓮民宿 , 花蓮民宿 , 花蓮民宿 , 花蓮民宿 , 花蓮民宿 , 花蓮民宿 , 徵信 , 徵信 , 徵信 , 徵信 , 徵信社 , 徵信社 , 徵信社 , 徵信社 , 徵信公司 , 徵信公司 , 徵信公司 , 徵信公司 , 徵信 , 徵信 , 徵信 , 徵信 , 徵信社 , 徵信社 , 徵信社 , 徵信社 , 離婚 , 離婚 , 離婚 , 離婚 , 尋人 , 尋人 , 尋人 , 尋人 , 徵信 , 徵信 , 徵信 , 徵信社 , 徵信社 , 徵信社 , 離婚 , 離婚 , 離婚 , 尋人 , 尋人 , 尋人 , 徵信 , 徵信 , 徵信 , 徵信社 , 徵信社 , 徵信社 , 尋人 , 尋人 , 尋人 , 徵信 , 徵信 , 徵信 , 徵信 , 徵信社 , 徵信社 , 徵信社 , 徵信社 , 感情挽回 , 感情挽回

Anonymous said...

感情挽回 , 感情挽回 , 婚姻挽回 , 婚姻挽回 , 婚姻挽回 , 婚姻挽回 , 徵信 , 感情挽回 , 感情挽回 , 感情挽回 , 感情挽回 , 徵信社 , 徵信社 , 徵信社 , 徵信社 , 徵信社 , 感情挽回 , 感情挽回 , 感情挽回 , 感情挽回 , 感情挽回 , 婚姻挽回 , 婚姻挽回 , 婚姻挽回 , 婚姻挽回 , 婚姻挽回 , 徵信 , 徵信 , 徵信 , 徵信 , 徵信社 , 徵信社 , 徵信社 , 徵信社 , 感情挽回 , 感情挽回 , 感情挽回 , 感情挽回 , 婚姻挽回 , 婚姻挽回 , 婚姻挽回 , 婚姻挽回 , 徵信 , 徵信 , 徵信 , 徵信 , 徵信社 , 徵信社 , 徵信社 , 徵信社 , 感情挽回 , 感情挽回 , 感情挽回 , 感情挽回 , 婚姻挽回 , 婚姻挽回 , 婚姻挽回 , 婚姻挽回 , 徵信

Anonymous said...

徵信 , 徵信 , 徵信 , 徵信社 , 徵信社 , 徵信社 , 徵信社 , 感情挽回 , 感情挽回 , 感情挽回 , 感情挽回 , 婚姻挽回 , 婚姻挽回 , 婚姻挽回 , 婚姻挽回 , 徵信 , 徵信 , 徵信 , 徵信 , 徵信社 , 徵信社 , 徵信社 , 徵信社 , 網頁設計 , 網頁設計 , 網頁設計公司 , 網頁設計公司 , 網頁設計 , 網頁設計 , 網頁設計 , 網頁設計 , 網頁設計 , 網頁設計 , 網頁設計 , 網頁設計 , 網頁設計 , 網頁設計 , 網頁設計 , 網頁設計 , 網頁設計 , 網頁設計 , 網頁設計 , 網頁設計 , 網頁設計 , 網頁設計 , 網頁設計 , SEO , SEO , SEO , SEO , SEO , SEO , SEO , SEO , SEO , SEO , SEO , SEO , SEO

Anonymous said...

SEO , SEO , SEO , SEO , SEO , SEO , 網頁設計 , 網頁設計 , 網頁設計 , 網頁設計 , 廣告設計 , 廣告設計 , 廣告設計 , 廣告設計

Anonymous said...

感情挽回 , 感情挽回 , 婚姻挽回 , 婚姻挽回 , 婚姻挽回 , 婚姻挽回 , 徵信 , 感情挽回 , 感情挽回 , 感情挽回 , 感情挽回 , 徵信社 , 徵信社 , 徵信社 , 徵信社 , 徵信社 , 感情挽回 , 感情挽回 , 感情挽回 , 感情挽回 , 感情挽回 , 婚姻挽回 , 婚姻挽回 , 婚姻挽回 , 婚姻挽回 , 婚姻挽回 , 徵信 , 徵信 , 徵信 , 徵信 , 徵信社 , 徵信社 , 徵信社 , 徵信社 , 感情挽回 , 感情挽回 , 感情挽回 , 感情挽回 , 婚姻挽回 , 婚姻挽回 , 婚姻挽回 , 婚姻挽回 , 徵信 , 徵信 , 徵信 , 徵信 , 徵信社 , 徵信社 , 徵信社 , 徵信社 , 感情挽回 , 感情挽回 , 感情挽回 , 感情挽回 , 婚姻挽回 , 婚姻挽回 , 婚姻挽回 , 婚姻挽回 , 徵信
http://prattlefromtheflatlands.blogspot.com/

All material on this blog copyright CDP 2007-2010 unless otherwise noted.