Monday, September 7, 2009

Not to belabor

Here's one of those posts that is the result of me staring, foggy-headed and bug-eyed, at a blank blog entry page, thinking what?  What do I have to write about today?  It's Labor Day and I'm resigned to the fact of summer's end.  I have a couple of job possibilities in the works, and another piece of writing waiting for an acceptance or rejection.  "Sitting around waiting" would be the accurate response were anyone to ask me  "what are you up to?"  Because that is what I'm up to. 

Tomorrow, I have to get my driver's license renewed.  I tried to do it Friday, but MVA was closed for an extra day, due to Maryland's budget crisis.  MVA visits are almost always a source of material, so I hope to have something more entertaining to write about tomorrow.  Happy Labor Day!

7 comments:

Steve said...

my DL is up next month but i can do it by mail if i can bribe someone to say I can see!

good luck going to the DMV. Here in MD it's always an adventure

Fran said...

Ooooh - a driver license renewal in a time of state budget crisis. This will be good.

*sigh*

We have to make the best of our shitty times.

Today I was cleaning my house and admiring a mirror that I bought in Albuquerque many years ago. It made me think about your "things in my house" posts.

For the record, I liked them. I still think about your little tiles from San Simeon. Rabbits if I am correct and other things.

Or am I simply delusional?

BeckEye said...

The process of renewing one's drivers' license is almost annoying enough to make one give up driving for good. Almost.

Then again, I kind of did give up driving when I moved to NYC.

Sauntering Soul said...

I feel for you if it's anything like going to the DMV here in Georgia. I don't think I've ever been at the DMV for less than 3 or 4 hours.

Does this also mean you have a birthday soon?

Suze said...

Don't forget to put a totally bogus weight down on your license. It's the American way :)

caitlin.maia said...

happy birthday!

enc said...

You could always be retro-clever and say you're "cooling your heels." I say that all the time, and you want to be just like me right?

Right?





right?

All material on this blog copyright CDP 2007-2010 unless otherwise noted.