Sunday, September 27, 2009

Working 10 to 4. Give or Take.

So, about the job.  If you read this post, you know that I had two possibilities, neither of which had actually been offered to me.  I heard back from the nonprofit: we love you, you're great, you're fabulous, but we hired someone else.  I wasn't terribly disappointed, actually.  I liked the people who interviewed me there, but the work wasn't exactly what I wanted to do.  And while it was closer to home, it was also pretty much a full-time job.  Who wants that, right?

Later that day, I heard back from the hiring manager for the other job.  He was planning to make a decision by the end of the week, and wanted me to know that I was at the top of his list.  On Thursday, he called to offer me the job, and I accepted on the spot.  I'll be doing the same thing I did before, which is technical recruiting (I'm not actually sure I've ever mentioned that here).  I'm an in-house recruiting person, not a headhunter.  So don't worry, I'm not after your head.  Being an in-house recruiting person basically means that I work in HR, and I do all the hiring.  In my last job, I was a full-time employee.  Now, I'm going to be an hourly-paid contractor, working about 30 or so hours a week give or take.  It's actually exactly the sort of thing I'd hoped to get, so I'm happy about it.

This job offers no benefits at all.  I don't need medical benefits, but it would be nice to have paid vacation and retirement.  Still, I'm gaining flexibility, which is more important to me right now than money is.  Do you see how I just made that about me, thus avoiding the need to discuss the healthcare debate?  I still have nothing to say about current events.  But now I have an excuse.  I'm working here!  I'm too busy to think about stuff and then like write about it or whatever! 

I start work on Tuesday.  I'm taking the kids on a picnic with our neighbors (no school tomorrow) and then tomorrow night, I'll prepare to join the workforce again.  I'll get the coffeemaker loaded, do my nails and figure out what to wear.  Maybe soon, I'll figure out what to say, too, but right now, this is enough.

15 comments:

Carolyn said...

Congratulations!!! I wish we lived closer, then you could hire me!

Matty Boy said...

Congratulations from me as well.

Jobs with benefits. I remember those. It would be nice to see they still exist some day.

enc said...

(I wonder if that's my sister up there, at the top?^^)

Well, this job is great and I'm happy you're working and all, but mind you don't let it cut into your blogging time. I won't accept any type of slowdown on post production.

Lisa said...

Sounds like the perfect fit for you! Great news! I hope that you enjoy it and that you have only good things to say about it down the road.

The Lady Who Doesn't Lunch: said...

That's terrific - and nice to hear that it can happen - I'm feeling a little hopeless over here these days.

Virtualsprite said...

Congratulations on the new job. Very exciting.

CDP said...

Carolyn--I wish you did, too!

Matty--I hope you find one of them (though they're going the way of the dinosaurs)

enc--I'm guessing it is. And I'm afraid that it will result in substantial lags in production, at least initially!

Lisa--so far so good!

Lady--I'm sorry, I'm bummed that you're in this situation. Chin up, like Rosalind Russell!

Virtualsprite--thanks!

Steve said...

congrats on the new job!

Sauntering Soul said...

Congrats! This is great news!

Anonymous said...

鋁合金壓鑄 , 鋁合金壓鑄 , 鋁合金壓鑄 , 鋁合金壓鑄 , 鋁合金壓鑄 , 無水冰 , 無水冰 , 無水冰 , 無水冰 , 無水冰 , 無水冰 , 無水冰 , 無水冰 , 無水冰 , 無水冰 , 無水冰 , 無水冰 , 無水冰 , 藍冰 , 藍冰 , 藍冰 , 藍冰 , 藍冰 , 藍冰 , 藍冰 , 藍冰 , 藍冰 , 藍冰 , 藍冰 , 藍冰 , 藍冰 , 冰寶 , 冰寶 , 冰寶 , 冰寶 , 冰寶 , 冰寶 , 冰寶 , 冰寶 , 冰寶 , 冰寶 , 冰寶 , 冰寶 , 冰寶 , 保冷包 , 保冷包 , 保冷包 , 保冷包 , 保冷包 , 保冷包 , 保冷包 , 保冷包 , 保冷包

Anonymous said...

保冷包 , 保冷包 , 保冷包 , 保冷包 , 吸水墊 , 吸水墊 , 吸水墊 , 吸水墊 , 吸水墊 , 吸水墊 , 吸水墊 , 吸水墊 , 吸水墊 , 吸水墊 , 吸水墊 , 吸水墊 , 吸水墊 , 保溫袋 , 保溫袋 , 保溫袋 , 保溫袋 , 保溫袋 , 保溫袋 , 保溫袋 , 保溫袋 , 保溫袋 , 保溫袋 , 保溫袋 , 保溫袋 , 保溫袋 , 室內設計 , 舊屋翻新 , 室內設計 , 舊屋翻新 ,室內設計 , 舊屋翻新 , 民宿 , 民宿 , 民宿 , 民宿 , 民宿 , 民宿 , 民宿 , 民宿 , 民宿 , 民宿 , 民宿 , 民宿 , 民宿 , 花蓮民宿 , 花蓮民宿 , 花蓮民宿 , 花蓮民宿 , 花蓮民宿 , 花蓮民宿 , 花蓮民宿

Anonymous said...

花蓮民宿 , 花蓮民宿 , 花蓮民宿 , 花蓮民宿 , 花蓮民宿 , 花蓮民宿 , 徵信 , 徵信 , 徵信 , 徵信 , 徵信社 , 徵信社 , 徵信社 , 徵信社 , 徵信公司 , 徵信公司 , 徵信公司 , 徵信公司 , 徵信 , 徵信 , 徵信 , 徵信 , 徵信社 , 徵信社 , 徵信社 , 徵信社 , 離婚 , 離婚 , 離婚 , 離婚 , 尋人 , 尋人 , 尋人 , 尋人 , 徵信 , 徵信 , 徵信 , 徵信社 , 徵信社 , 徵信社 , 離婚 , 離婚 , 離婚 , 尋人 , 尋人 , 尋人 , 徵信 , 徵信 , 徵信 , 徵信社 , 徵信社 , 徵信社 , 尋人 , 尋人 , 尋人 , 徵信 , 徵信 , 徵信 , 徵信 , 徵信社 , 徵信社 , 徵信社 , 徵信社 , 感情挽回 , 感情挽回

Anonymous said...

感情挽回 , 感情挽回 , 婚姻挽回 , 婚姻挽回 , 婚姻挽回 , 婚姻挽回 , 徵信 , 感情挽回 , 感情挽回 , 感情挽回 , 感情挽回 , 徵信社 , 徵信社 , 徵信社 , 徵信社 , 徵信社 , 感情挽回 , 感情挽回 , 感情挽回 , 感情挽回 , 感情挽回 , 婚姻挽回 , 婚姻挽回 , 婚姻挽回 , 婚姻挽回 , 婚姻挽回 , 徵信 , 徵信 , 徵信 , 徵信 , 徵信社 , 徵信社 , 徵信社 , 徵信社 , 感情挽回 , 感情挽回 , 感情挽回 , 感情挽回 , 婚姻挽回 , 婚姻挽回 , 婚姻挽回 , 婚姻挽回 , 徵信 , 徵信 , 徵信 , 徵信 , 徵信社 , 徵信社 , 徵信社 , 徵信社 , 感情挽回 , 感情挽回 , 感情挽回 , 感情挽回 , 婚姻挽回 , 婚姻挽回 , 婚姻挽回 , 婚姻挽回 , 徵信

Anonymous said...

徵信 , 徵信 , 徵信 , 徵信社 , 徵信社 , 徵信社 , 徵信社 , 感情挽回 , 感情挽回 , 感情挽回 , 感情挽回 , 婚姻挽回 , 婚姻挽回 , 婚姻挽回 , 婚姻挽回 , 徵信 , 徵信 , 徵信 , 徵信 , 徵信社 , 徵信社 , 徵信社 , 徵信社 , 網頁設計 , 網頁設計 , 網頁設計公司 , 網頁設計公司 , 網頁設計 , 網頁設計 , 網頁設計 , 網頁設計 , 網頁設計 , 網頁設計 , 網頁設計 , 網頁設計 , 網頁設計 , 網頁設計 , 網頁設計 , 網頁設計 , 網頁設計 , 網頁設計 , 網頁設計 , 網頁設計 , 網頁設計 , 網頁設計 , 網頁設計 , SEO , SEO , SEO , SEO , SEO , SEO , SEO , SEO , SEO , SEO , SEO , SEO , SEO

Anonymous said...

SEO , SEO , SEO , SEO , SEO , SEO , 網頁設計 , 網頁設計 , 網頁設計 , 網頁設計 , 廣告設計 , 廣告設計 , 廣告設計 , 廣告設計

All material on this blog copyright CDP 2007-2010 unless otherwise noted.