Monday, November 16, 2009

Here she goes again

I have a folder full of draft posts, and no time to finish them, and I really can't bear to edit any of them into posting shape.  I think I'll try posting daily again, just to see if I can get inspired to write again.  Right now, I'm at the kitchen table with 5yo, who is practicing his letters.  He loves to write letters, and now he's moved on to writing words.  "How do you know how to spell 'airplane'?" he'll ask, and then he'll bend over the paper, with his tongue poking out of the corner of his mouth, earnestly transcribing. 

That's what I'm doing now.  This is earnest transcription, not so much of the writing.  Later on, I might have something worth reading. 

5 comments:

Dr. Monkey said...

Okay, we'll wait for you.

Liberality said...

Getting into the habit of writing is a good one.

And just write about yourself if you have nothing to inspire you. A little reflection upon life is good for the writer and the reader.

Virtualsprite said...

I have a 5-year-old, too, and I love watching him write. The grim determination, the death grip on the pencil and then the joy of writing a word and then a sentence and then a thought. So much fun.

CDP said...

Dr. Monkey--thank you, sir.

Liberality--I know, it nearly always works when I force myself to just sit down and write. That said, I still need to force myself.

Virtualsprite--I know, it's so much fun to watch them when they're so serious.

enc said...

That was worth reading.

All material on this blog copyright CDP 2007-2010 unless otherwise noted.