Wednesday, April 28, 2010

I don't hold with no book learnin'

What's the oldest joke on this blog? 
I'm writing a paper right now.  No, I'm not!  I'm avoiding writing a paper!

I know that I ALWAYS say that whatever assignment I'm working on is the most beastly assignment ever foisted upon a hapless undergraduate, but this one really is.  And I know that I ALWAYS say that whatever I've written is utter bilge, but the current draft of this paper really is utter bilge. Finally, I know that I always tell 8yo that it's better to just sit down and do your work, rather than indulging in 45 minutes of woe-is-me drama and stallling tactics, but you can file that right under the heading of do as I say and not as I do.   The spirit is unwilling, and the flesh isn't all that cooperative either. 

7 comments:

Steve said...

i thought the oldest joke was "mu dog has no nose" lol

hang in there i am sure you will persevere and the paper will be brilliant (like all the rest)

Embee said...

Um, yeah. I'm right there with you. I've got your back. Know how you feel. Good luck with that. (hehe)

I'm sure you'll do fine. You write like a pro, even if you're up all night right before it's due.

BeckEye said...

Well, if it's a report on bilge, you're good to go.

dguzman said...

You'll do fine -- you always do!

CDP said...

Steve--no, it's "Doctor, it hurts when I go like this". "Well, then don't go like that".

Embee--thanks!

Beckeye--If I could MAJOR in bilge, I'd really be golden.

Dguzman--thanks!

Virtualsprite said...

I always waited until the very last minute, too. I love crunch deadlines and felt that my brilliance would only come out under duress. Maybe that's why I became a journalist.

Good luck with the paper!

Andy said...

I'm good you'll do fine. You create like a pro, even if you're up all evening right before to it's due
Does anyone about to get andBuy World Of Warcraft Gold, does anyone have some good suggestions to get the fast and safeRS Gold, please tell me and thanks a lot who can help me.

All material on this blog copyright CDP 2007-2010 unless otherwise noted.